Saturday, October 6, 2012

My first quilt!

 So I am NOT a sewer!  Drew's grandmother gave me a sewing machine for Christmas and I have only done a few little projects here and there.  
For some reason I decided that I wanted to make a quilt, thinking that it did not look so hard.  I was wrong, but determined!  I had a bunch of left over Christmas fabric from a project that I had done for my mom.  Since I already had the fabric it was going to be free, in a sense.  So, I got started! Just started cutting and sewing, making lots of mistakes!!  Oh may I also mention that I did this in a day and a half! I was a crazed woman on a mission :P

The first row I sewed together, already a little crooked :)

Making my way! Okay I have to say that I am way proud!


The finished project! The front, and yes it is a little crooked :P
I still have not mastered how to sew a completely straight line :)

The back! Yeah I am proud! 
Hopefully I will get better next time :)

This is just another project I did with a girl in my ward! 
She taught me how to make a pillow case!


No comments:

Post a Comment