Thursday, July 5, 2012

4th of July!

Yay it's 4th of July again! I love this holiday!! I am very Patriotic person and this is one of the only days where I can be as Patriotic as I want and everyone thinks it's normal!  I also love the fact that this is the one day that everyone in the USA color coordinates their outfits to the American Flag :)
I think it is great! 
I made this Flag cake to celebrate! 

First on our packed 4th of July Agenda was the Rexburg Parade! So we got up at 9 am and were out of the house by 10, so we could watch the parade!  It was wonderful! Tons of candy was throw out and even the ice cream shops tossed out little cups of ice cream!! I love small towns!

Wooohoo colorguard!


There was a GIANT shopping cart in the parade from the local grocery store!


Tractors and Missionaries= Small town parade :)


Yay America!!

Drew got a candy! He was excited!

After the parade and sunburn it was off to the BYU-Idaho carnival for some old roomie fun!
The best part was all the food was ridiculously cheap!! 


Candice! Love this girl!

Got to get cotton candy on the 4th!!

They had a rock wall, slip & slide, and water baseball!
           Dunk Tank!!                                       I dunked the guy on the first try!!

After the BYU-I carnival we went down to Porter Park in Rexburg for the fair.  It was cute just more geared towards young children, so not much for Drew and I to do there.
So, it was off to Idaho Falls for the fair and biking!  Kelly and Steve had a booth from school set up there and it was cool to see what they were selling! 

Drew and his decorative flag :)

Biking!

What is 4th of July without funnel cake?!

It was sooo hot! That after Idaho Falls we wanted to go swimming so we went down to a local swimming hole called Monkey Rock! It was soo refreshing! 

Some great girls!!

Monkey Rock, waterfall!

After some great swimming time it was time to go home and get cleaned up for fireworks!!
We watched the fair works from the temple grounds! It was great, we ate and just had fun watching the surrounding cities fireworks!
Our view!

Delicious cake and fruit pizza!

Cuties!

Oooh Drew!!

Gotta love the temple and fireworks!

My American Flag glow stick!

Finally after watching the professional fireworks it was time to set off our own! 






These are all just some great photos from our fireworks!! Loved it!
I am a sunburnt patriotic happy girl :)

No comments:

Post a Comment