Saturday, December 29, 2012

Cutting down our 1st Christmas tree!

It's Christmas time again!!  That means its time to decorate and get into the spirit of the season!
And what better way to start decorating by getting a Christmas tree!

So I may be a bit naive, but when Drew and I decided to go into the wilderness and cut down our own tree, I sort of thought it would be like walking into a field or flat plain.  Oooh how I was sooo wrong!!
I had to hike up a mountain!! I guess it makes sense, but I was not prepared for this hike up a steep snow covered mountain and then back down it with a 7 foot tree!!  It was so worth it though! I love our tree and the spirit it brings into our home :)

Our permit!! Only $10!!! 
Much better than a $50 or $60 tree from a lot!

Our pick! The best one on the mountain :)  
Believe me, I hiked the whole thing!

Yay!!

My hubby cutting down our tree!

This is how we measured our tree!  We knew we wanted it only a little taller than Drew, so he got to lay down for a little break while I measured :)

I love our tree!!

My strong husband carrying our tree down the whole mountain by himself!!
All i had to do was carry the flash light and the saw, and I still fell down 3 times :P

On top of the car :)

Finally in the house! Now it is time to decorate!! My favorite part :)

The lights! It took forever because one of the strands went out after we finished, so we had to start all over :P

And now the ornaments :)

The finished product!!  After we were all done we watched National Lampoons Christmas Vacation, while eating dinner :)
It was such a fun and wonderful experience!! 

1 comment:

  1. That's so cool! I didn't know you could still do that; I thought it was just like from the 50's. How fun!!!

    ReplyDelete